Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 134

Thread: GOP and Swift boat politics

  1. #61
    Inactive Member imported_ut1's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,654
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: GOP and Swift boat politics

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">lets lay off the black thing.. it's getting pretty old.. and is starting to sound very racist.. </div></div>

    Everybody is racist to a point. I'll say it until the election is over, and afterwards if he's elected. He got the nomination based on his color, not his qualifications. If they were going on qualifications, anyone in the Dem race would have gotten it over him.
    "Yes, there are two paths you can go by
    But in the long run
    There's still time to change the road you're on."

  2. #62
    Inactive Member duckmeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2007
    Posts
    2,017
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: GOP and Swift boat politics

    I think his color works against him more than it helps him.

    It's definitely not why he got the nomination, and out of your last ten posts, I'd be willing to guess you have mentioned this five times. Drop it already. Makes you sound like your straight outta dungannon...

  3. #63
    Inactive Member imported_ut1's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,654
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: GOP and Swift boat politics

    I'll drop it when it's proven to me that he was better qualified than all the other Dem hopefuls. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]

    I have never considered myself a racist, nor have ever been accused of being so. However, I think it odd that these prominent blacks can get up and yell about the evil white man all they want, and no one calls them on it. They can have "Black-whatever" day and it's O.K., but let the white folks call for a "white-whatever" day, and you immediately hear the cry of racism. They just need to get over it. If Obama were white we wouldn't be having this conversation, because Hillary would have gotten the nomination.
    "Yes, there are two paths you can go by
    But in the long run
    There's still time to change the road you're on."

  4. #64
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: GOP and Swift boat politics

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ut1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The point is, he has no qualifications to be prez. Zero, None, Nil. Hillary's purse has more experience than he does, so he got it based on his COLOR. </div></div>

    For a guy who I thought was pretty religious and started to trust a lot of what he was posting in that facet, you're getting pretty racist about this deal with Obama.

    I've been a Christian since about the age of 8, and I'm pretty sure, though I am less read in the word than you, that Jesus wouldn't be disparaging Obama for being black & getting the nomination. Besides--if being black got you a nomination, then Jesse Jackson or Alan Keyes should have beaten him to it. Or if being of a non-white origin did it, then Bill Richardson should have been neck and neck with him--not Hilary.

    It's a faulty premise based on racism that you're trying to tell us isn't racist. Yeah--I believe that one. I'll buy a bridge off of you too if I bought that one.

    As for not having a "white-something day"...just about every major holiday, especially the ones observed due to religion, are white holidays. Chaunakah/Christmas, Easter/Passover, Thanksgiving, St. Patrick's Day, Independence Day--all have white Anglo-Saxon roots, in terms of being formed & celebrated as a holiday as we know it today. The blacks have Kwanzaa, MLK Day, and the whole month of February (the shortest month) for Black History month. The Hispanics get Cinco De Mayo. I really don't think white people have a point when they bring this up, it's embarrassing to me as a white person when someone says, "I'm not racist, but..." and then proceeds to make a point like that. It's stupid and racist at it's core, no matter how much you tell us it's not.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  5. #65
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: GOP and Swift boat politics

    This is kinda like the comedian Ron White's joke about telling his brother-in-law(I think it was him) that everyone is gay. It just matters as to what degree of "gay" you are. Everyone has some sort of racism in them. It is inherent.

  6. #66
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: GOP and Swift boat politics

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: centennialdawg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is kinda like the comedian Ron White's joke about telling his brother-in-law(I think it was him) that everyone is gay. It just matters as to what degree of "gay" you are. Everyone has some sort of racism in them. It is inherent.</div></div>

    We're not trusting of "different", inherently. That's the key--it's not the fact that the person is black or brown or yellow, it's the fact that they're different. People who have half a brain and realize there's not that much difference overall besides looking different from us are much happier and accepting of others, from my experiences. There's people who typify stereotypes in each race, sure, but to automatically dismiss someone as a nigger, spick, wop, guinea, kraut, jap, chink, or other disparaging generalization due to being afraid of differences is just flat wrong & ignorant.

    If I had money for everytime I've heard a white person (from around here especially) bemoan an Arab for calling us "white devils" and then turn around and call some black dude a nigger (or something to that effect)... I'd be extremely rich. It's blind hatred and ignorance that's nothing more than idiocy.

    Call it inherent if you want, but it's simply stupid.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  7. #67
    Inactive Member imported_ut1's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,654
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: GOP and Swift boat politics

    My point has been that if he were white, he would not have gotten the nomination over Hillary. Has nothing to do with me being "racist". The truth is the truth, period. I for one am tired of everything a white person says about a black person being termed "racist", yet for a black to say the same about a white person, they're "exercising their right of free speech". It's a double standard, and most with any age on them at all know what I'm talking about. Some of my dearest and most respected friends are black, and they know what I'm talking about!
    "Yes, there are two paths you can go by
    But in the long run
    There's still time to change the road you're on."

  8. #68
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: GOP and Swift boat politics

    With the way the primaries are set up, I could see him winning regardless of whether he was white or not. It isn't like a group of 50 dems got together and picked him...and it isn't like an overwhelming majority of voters picked him...it's more a consequence of the shortcomings of the primary process than anything else IMO.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  9. #69
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: GOP and Swift boat politics

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ut1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My point has been that if he were white, he would not have gotten the nomination over Hillary. Has nothing to do with me being "racist". The truth is the truth, period. I for one am tired of everything a white person says about a black person being termed "racist", yet for a black to say the same about a white person, they're "exercising their right of free speech". It's a double standard, and most with any age on them at all know what I'm talking about. Some of my dearest and most respected friends are black, and they know what I'm talking about! </div></div>
    Some of your white friends are tired of hearing this. We heard you the first time. Join the klan, maybe they will listen.

  10. #70
    Inactive Member imported_ut1's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,654
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: GOP and Swift boat politics

    I tried, but they wouldn't take me. Too much injun blood, they said. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]
    "Yes, there are two paths you can go by
    But in the long run
    There's still time to change the road you're on."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •